Katrina Kaif is an Indian actress who was born on 16th July 1983. She was born in Honk Kong with the surname of her mother Turquotte. She has seven siblings out of which three are younger sisters, three are elder sisters and one of them is a younger brother. She and her siblings were brought up by her mother and her father wasn’t really with them throughout their childhood. Her father is a British businessman and her mother is an English lawyer and charity worker. By religion, her father is Muslim while her mother is Christian. Due to continuous shifting from one place to another, she and her siblings were homeschooled by a number of tutors. She was into modeling since her teenage days. During her modeling, she was noticed by a movie director, and from there, her journey to becoming a Bollywood actress begin.
She established a successful modeling career in India and decided to stay in India for further success. Her poor command of Hindi lead her to many problems at first but then she was featured in Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? (2005). In this movie, she worked alongside Salman Khan, Sushmita Sen, and Sohail Khan. Katrina Kaif won a beauty contest in Hawaii when she was only fourteen years old. After this, she begin to get different modeling assignments that she did in the best way possible. Kaizad Gustad, a London-based filmmaker noticed her and gave her a role in his movie Boom (2003). In this movie, she worked with Amitabh Bachchan, Gulshan Grover, Jackie Shroff, Madhu Sapre, and Padma Lakshmi. This movie was a disaster and Katrina doesn’t really consider it as her movie.
In the above post, we will see Katrina kaif’s Height, Age, Husband, Family, wiki, biography, and many more.
Let’s know more about Katrina Kaif
|Real Name||Katrina Turquotte|
|Nickname||Kat, Katy, Katz, and Sambo|
|Birth Place||Hong Kong|
Let’s know more about physical stats & more about Katrina Kaif
|Weight (approx.)||56 kg (123 lbs)|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches (1.74 m)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
Family Members of Katrina Kaif
Katrina’s father’s name is Mohammed Kaif is a British businessman of Kashmiri Indian descent. Her mother’s name is Suzanne Turquotte (also spelled Susanna) who is an English lawyer and charity worker. She has one elder brother Michael Kaif and six sisters named, Stephanie, Christine, Natasha, Melissa, Sonia, and Isabel. Due to their frequent relocation, Katrina Kaif and her siblings never went to any school and they were home-schooled by a series of tutors.
Salary and Net Worth of Katrina Kaif
Katrina’s immovable property amounted to Rs.142 crore. Her annual income is Rs 29 crore from movies and various brand endorsements. Katrina owns many expensive cars like Audi Q3, Mercedes ML350, and Audi Q7. She owns a Bungalow in Hampstead, London worth Rs 7.02 crore. Furthermore, she has 3 BHK Apartments in Bandra, an Apartment in Lokhandwala, and one Penthouse in Bandra.
Education and School, College of Katrina Kaif
Katrina has homeschooling (Taught at home by her mother, tutors and also did correspondence courses)
Katrina Kaif filmography
Katrina works in Bollywood Film Industry and in a few Telugu, and Malayalam Movies. She worked on many commercial successful movies such as New York, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Raajneeti, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Ek Tha Tiger, Dhoom 3, Bang Bang, etc. Kaif’s career prospects changed in 2007 when she appeared in four Bollywood hits. Katrina Kaif is the recipient of several awards, including “BIG Star Entertainment Awards”, “Screen Awards”, “Star Guild Awards”, “Stardust Awards”, “Zee Cine Awards” etc. for her contribution to the Indian Film Industry. Kaif’s highest-grossing films Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Dhoom 3 (2013), and ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ (2017) rank among the highest-grossing Indian films of all time.
Favorite Things and Hobbies of Katrina Kaif
|Favorite Food||Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake, kheer, cinnamon rolls, steamed fish, lamb chops with salad & baby potatoes, grilled vegetables|
|Favorite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, and Robert Pattinson|
|Favorite Actress||Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit, Sushmita Sen, and Kajol|
|Favorite Musician||Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay|
|Favorite Song||Moon by Poolside|
|Favorite Book||All books by Sidney Sheldon|
|Favorite Colours||Pink, White, Mauve|
|Favorite Movie Bollywood Films||Umrao Jaan, Dil Dhadakne Do, Tanu Weds Manu Returns|
|Favorite Hollywood Films||Casablanca, Gone with the Wind|
|Favorite Sport||Cricket, Chess|
|Favorite Perfumes||Narciso Rodriguez For Her|
|Favorite Destination||London, Italy, Spain, Dubai, and Havana|
|Favorite Restaurants||Mainland China, and Wasabi by Morimoto at The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai, Hakkasan, Harrods Georgian Restaurant, Alloro, Aqua Kyoto in London.|
|Hobbies||Traveling, playing chess, painting, and reading|
|Best Friend||Director Kabir Khan|
Mrunal Thakur Actress Biography, Birth Date, Career, Movie list, Family, Marriage
Couple Ranbir and Alia will tie the knot in the 2nd week of April
‘They say I am fat’ – Miss Universe Harnaz Sandhu
Rajasthan Royals Team 2022:Players List, Schedule, Retained players
Some Amazing Facts about Katrina Kaif
- Katrina was raised by a single mother, Suzanne Turquotte with her 7 siblings. Out of all the 8 children of Suzanne, Katrina is the only one who is half-Indian as her father, Mohammed Kaif, a British citizen, is originally from Kashmir.
- Because of the fact that Katrina’s mother, Suzanne Turquotte used to teach English as a foreign subject in different countries, they had to move to different countries. Katrina was raised in Hong Kong, China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and other European countries. Her family moved to Hawaii and then to her mother’s home country, England when she was 14, where she lived for 3 years before moving to India.
Katrina’s parents got separated when she was very young, her father has never contacted them after the separation. When asked whether her father has ever tried to contact her after she became famous, Katrina replied: He is very decent and comes from a good family and they went their own ways because of issues that are personal. He is an affluent person, so he is not going to come back because his daughter is now famous.
- She never attended a regular school because of the frequent relocations of her family.
- Mother Suzanne made a singing troupe with her children to sing at orphanages all over Asia.
- When she was 14 years old, she won a beauty contest in Hawaii, after which she started receiving modeling assignments.
- She came to Mumbai, accompanied by her sister, Christine in 2003 to audition for the film Boom.
- Katrina and her sister, Christine, came to Mumbai with Rs. 4 lakh. Christine returned back to London but Katrina decided to stay in Mumbai to make her career in Bollywood and if she runs out of money, she would go back and re-join her college in London.
- Katrina Kaif’s original name is Katrina Turquotte but in her debut film, Boom’s director, Kaizad Gustad, and producer, Ayesha Shroff (wife of Jackie Shroff) decided to give her a new name that could connect with the Indian audience, he decided to change her surname to “Kaif.”
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Saaya, opposite John Abraham, but later she was dropped because she couldn’t speak Hindi at that time. The same year, she made her Bollywood debut with the erotic film Boom.
- She struggled in Bollywood at the beginning but got a breakthrough with the film Namastey London opposite Akshay Kumar in 2007.
- Her mother, Suzanne, and her American partner Jesse Tincher is now settled in Chennai, they volunteer for social causes in India. Katrina is actively involved with her mother’s charitable trust, “Relief Projects India”, which helps abandoned baby girls and works against female infanticide.
- Katrina fears living alone and in darkness, during her early days in Mumbai, she used to stay awake and wait for the sun to come up and then sleep for 5 hours.
- She is superstitious and often visits religious places like Siddhivinayak Temple and Mount Mary Church in Mumbai, and Dargah Sharif in Ajmer before her film’s release.
- She still is a British citizen and works in India on an employment visa.
- She is the first Bollywood actress to have a Barbie doll crafted in her image.