Halle Bailey is an American singer and actress, best known as one-half of the popular duo ‘Chloe x Halle’. She and her sister hit a goldmine when their YouTube cover of Beyoncé’s “Pretty Hurts” caught the attention of the music icon herself. Catapulting them to overnight fame, the song became a life-changer for them. Since then, Halle Bailey and her sister Chloe got the opportunity to perform the opening acts for Beyonce. The Formation World Tour and Andra Day’s ‘Cheers to the Fall Tour’. They have also released chart-topping albums like ‘Uncovered’, ‘Sugar Symphony’ and ‘The Kids Are Alright. What makes Halle and Chloe stand apart is their genre-transcending musical style. As far as her acting career is concerned, Halle appeared in a few films like ‘Last Holiday’ and ‘Let It, Shine’. She also earned praise for her performances on TV series, such as ‘House of Payne and ‘Grown-ish’. With a massive following on YouTube and Instagram, the Bailey sisters are on their way to superstardom. In the above post, we will see Halle Bailey Height, Age, Wife, Family, wiki, biography, etc.
Let’s know more about Halle Bailey
|Real Name||Halle Lynn Bailey|
|Profession||American singer and actress|
|Birth Place||Atlanta, Georgia|
Let’s know more about physical stats & more about Halle Bailey
|Weight (approx.)||50 kg|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches-6’0′
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Born||27 March 2000|
Halle Bailey’s Carrer
Halle Bailey learned to play the cello and violin at a very young age. She was inspired by her elder sister, Chloe, who was passionate about music. Just like her sister, Halle taught herself to play the guitar by watching YouTube tutorials. After seeing the sisters’ musical progress, their father Doug Bailey quit his day job and became their full-time manager, so that the girls could perform all over Atlanta. Soon, the duo started posting videos on YouTube. On their channel ‘Chloe x Halle’, the sisters posted their first video “Love Is You” on March 30, 2008. The young singers caught the attention of millions of people with their soulful performances. They followed that up with amazing renditions of Beyoncé’s “Best Thing I Never Had” and “Countdown”; Lil Wayne’s “How to Love” and Alicia Keys’ “Girl on Fire”. After singing these covers, ‘Chloe x Halle’ became very popular, gaining millions of views and becoming YouTube celebrities.
Unlike countless YouTube musicians who initially show great potential, but slowly fade away, Halle and her sister were determined to make it as musicians. On September 23, 2013, the duo digitally released its critically acclaimed EP ‘Uncovered’. When the sisters uploaded a cover of Beyoncé’s “Pretty Hurts” on December 22, 2013, little did they know that it would change their lives. The cover went viral, caught the attention of Beyoncé, and she also shared it on her Facebook page. If that was not enough, Halle and Chloe signed a million-dollar contract with Beyoncé’s own music label ‘Parkwood Entertainment’ in 2015. Queen Bey also became their mentor while leaving the creative freedom up to them. She recognized their musical genius and told them to “Trust your gift and let the world catch up to you”.
‘Chloe x Halle’ made its official debut under ‘Parkwood Entertainment’ with the EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ on April 29, 2016. They performed their new album’s track “Fall” at the ‘White House Easter Egg Roll’, for which first lady Michelle Obama had invited them. In June 2016, they gave praiseworthy performances at the ‘YouTube Music Foundry’ and the ‘BET Awards. The year 2016 proved a great one for Bailey’s career, as ‘Chloe x Halle’ were the opening acts for Beyoncé’s ‘The Formation World Tour and Andra Day’s ‘Cheers to the Fall Tour’. Around this time, Halle and Chloe also started making waves for their bohemian fashion sense and looks.
Apart from music, Halle also happens to be a remarkable actress who debuted in the 2006 romantic comedy film ‘Last Holiday. She was then seen in the movies ‘Let It Shine’ and ‘Joyful Noise’ in 2012. Her TV credits include ‘House of Payne’ (2007), ‘Austin & Ally’ (2013), and the recurring role of Skylar in ‘Grown-ish’ (2018 – present). She and her sister composed and sang the theme song (Grown) for the show ‘Grown-ish’ in December 2017.
Halle Bailey’s musical journey continued hitting all the right notes, as ‘Chloe x Halle’s mixtape ‘The Two of Us released on March 16, 2017. A year later, they released their debut studio album ‘The Kids Are Alright. The chart-topping album went on to earn two ‘Grammy nominations for Best Urban Contemporary Album and Best New Artist in 2019. The album also contained the track “Warrior”, which was used in the 2018 movie ‘A Wrinkle in Time. All eyes were on Halle and Chloe when they performed “America the Beautiful” at Super Bowl LIII on February 3, 2019. In April 2019, they released the song “Be Yourself” for the movie ‘Little’. Halle has also walked the runway for ‘Dolce & Gabbana’ and ‘Rodarte’ along with her sister Chloe.
Halle Bailey’s Family
|Father Name||Doug Bailey|
|Mother Name||Courtney Bailey|
Halle Bailey’s Early Life
n March 27, 2000, Halle Lynn Bailey was born in Mableton, Georgia; she and her older sister Chloe Bailey grew up there before relocating to Los Angeles in mid-2012.
When Chloe started harmonizing with “Mary Had a Little Lamb” while their mother cleaned, the other two girls joined in. They also began to compose their own tunes, with the help of YouTube instructions. Doug Bailey, their father, and co-manager,
“trained [them] to do everything on [their] own,” and he first started instructing them in songwriting when they were 8 and 10, respectively.
Halle Bailey Favorites
Hobbies: Shopping, Listening to Music & Travelling
Favorite Actor: Will Smith
Favorite Actress: Scarlett Johansson
Favorite Food: Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream
Favorite Destination: Paris
Favorite Color: Black
Facts About Halle Bailey
- Halle Bailey is an American singer and actress best known for being one half of the musical duo Chloe x Halle and playing Sky on ‘Grown-ish’. Halle Bailey will play Ariel in the upcoming ‘Little Mermaid live-action film. Here is everything you need to know about the talented young performer.
- Halle Bailey was born on March 27, 2000. She is 22 years old and is an Aries because of her late March birthday.
- Halle Bailey is 5ft 2 inches (1.57m) tall.
- Halle Bailey is pronounced HAL-LEE BAY-LEE. Her first name is pronounced the same way you would pronounce Hollywood actress Halle Berry’s name.
- Halle Bailey was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and raised in Los Angeles.
- Halle Bailey has an older sister named Chloe, who rose to fame alongside her. The pair are a musical duo and began posting singing videos together on YouTube at the age of 11 and 13. The pair play twins on Freeform’s ‘Grown-ish’, although they are not twins in real life. Chloe is just under two years older than Halle.
- Chloe x Halle is a sister singing duo signed to Parkwood Entertainment. They began making videos on YouTube in 2011, first uploading a cover of Beyoncé’s “Best Thing I Never Had”. They opened for Beyoncé on the European dates of her Formation tour. Their debut album, The Kids Are Alright, was nominated for 2 Grammy Awards. They released their second studio album Ungodly Hour in 2020, which was a commercial and critical success.
- Chloe and Halle performed a cover of “Where Is The Love” at the 2019 Grammy, wowing the life and at-home audience with their incredible harmonies.
- Halle Bailey and Chloe Bailey are protegés of Beyoncé and signed with her label, Parkwood Entertainment in 2015. Beyoncé first became aware of Chloe and Halle after their cover of “Truth Hurts”, which currently has 17 million views on YouTube.
- Halle Bailey and Chloe Bailey both appear in Beyoncé’s music video for ‘All Night, from her Lemonade visual album. In the scene, Zendaya and Amandla Stenberg also appear.
If you have any doubts about the post or like the post, please let us know in the comments. Thanks for reading to the end.