Deepika Padukone is one of the top-rated Indian model-turned-actress who has gained international fame & recognition. Born in Denmark and raised in India, Deepika aimed at becoming a World-class badminton player, like her father Prakash Padukone. However, her ambition for a sporting career soon faded as she found her real calling as a model. Having established her position as the supermodel of the country, walking high-profile ramp shows, gracing herself as the Calendar Girl for Kingfisher, and doing a couple of ad films, it was only natural for Deepika to take the next leap and start her career as an actor. While the Kannada film ‘Aishwariya’ marked her debut as an actor, her first Hindi film was ‘Om Shanti Om’, which catapulted her to the limelight. Over the years, she has established herself among the top actresses of Hindi cinema by giving some superlative performances in movies, such as ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’, ‘And Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’, ‘Piku’ and ‘Bajirao Mastani’. She has also ventured into Hollywood with the action film ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage’. Currently, she is among the highest-paid actress in the world.
In the above post, we will see Deepika Padukone Height, Age, Husband, Family, wiki, biography, and many more.
Let’s know more about Deepika Padukone
|Real Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Nickname||Deepi and Deepz|
|Birth Place||Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
Let’s know more about physical stats & more about Deepika Padukone
|Weight (approx.)||55 kg 121 pounds|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches-5’8″
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Hair Colour||Brown (light)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Born||5 January 1986|
Family Members of Deepika Padukone
Deepika with Prakash Padukone, Ujjala Padukone, and Anisha Padukone
Deepika Padukone with husband Ranveer Singh
As per the media, Deepika Padukone had a relationship with Nihaar Pandya before introducing it to the film industry. It is rumored that Deepika dated actor Upen Patel and actor Muzammil Ibrahim. Also, there was a buzz that she had an affair with Cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
Deepika Padukone was in a serious relationship with actor Ranbir Kapoor. They fell in love with the set of Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008. They were allegedly madly in love before they sadly broke up after that Deepika dated Siddharth Mallya. On 14-15 November 2018, Deepika married actor Ranveer Singh in a Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy. They fell in love with a Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram Leela set, and after dating for six years, they get married.
The career of Deepika Padukone
- Unlike models who struggle to get a break, Deepika Padukone’s journey was a smooth one. In 2005, she made her runway debut at Lakme Fashion Week. The following year, she was featured in the Kingfisher Calendar. She gained wider recognition when she was featured in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya’s song ‘Naam Hai Tera’.
- She soon began to receive film offers. However, not the one to jump into anything hastily, she instead enrolled in an acting course at Anupam Kher Film Academy to train herself for the job.
- Deepika Padukone made her debut in 2006 with a Kannada film ‘Aishwarya’ opposite Upendra. Directed by Indrajit Lankesh, the film was a major commercial success. Meanwhile, she had also inked a deal with Farah Khan for the Hindi film ‘Happy New Year’.
- After Farah Khan’s ‘Happy New Year’ was shelved, she cast Deepika Padukone for the 2007 reincarnation melodrama ‘Om Shanti Om’. It marked her Bollywood debut. In it, she shared screen space with Shah Rukh Khan. The film was a great commercial success and emerged as the highest-grossing film of the year. Deepika was lauded by the critics for her acting talent and her screen presence.
- Following the big breakthrough, film offers came rolling in for Deepika. She was cast in ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’, ‘Chandni Chowk to China’ and ‘Love Aaj Kal’. While the first two performed averagely at the box office, ‘Love Aaj Kal’ was a runaway success and became the third highest-grossing film of 2009. Deepika was complimented for delivering her finest performance as Meera Pandit.
- After witnessing enormous success, Padukone dipped at the lowest of her career in 2010. Though she had five releases slated for the year, none actually did anything to accentuate her career graph. In fact, most of them bombed badly at the box office. To make matters worse, 2011 continued the sad saga of failed films in Padukone’s career as both her films Aarakshan’ and ‘Desi Boyz’ miserably performed at the box office.
- After giving a streak of disastrous films, Deepika was written off as an actor by the critics. While some said she lost her sparkle, others claimed that she had nothing more to offer. Taking all the criticism in her stride and braving them off, Padukone pulled up a stunning performance in her next venture, Homi Adajania’s 2012 rom-com ‘Cocktail’. The film proved to be a turning point in her career. Essaying the role of Veronica, an impulsive party girl, Deepika was credited as the ‘soul of the film’. The film did exceptionally well and re-established her acting career.
- 2013 was an important year for Deepika. She featured in four top-grossing films of the year thus affirming her place as the leading actress in contemporary Hindi cinema. To start off with, she was seen in Abbas Mastan’s multi-starrer action thriller ‘Race 2’. Next in line was Ayan Mukerji’s rom-com ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’. She then starred in Rohit Shetty’s action-comedy ‘Chennai Express’ and finally ended the year with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Shakespearean tragedy ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’. Critics lauded her impeccable talent and acting prowess claiming her as the reigning queen of the industry.
- In 2014, she shared screen space with Rajnikanth, the God of the Tamil Film industry, in the period drama ‘Kochadaiiyaan’. The same year, Farah Khan’s shelved project ‘Happy New Year’ was released. The film became one of the most successful films of Deepika’s career.
- Shoojit Sircar’s 2015 film ‘Piku’ gave Deepika the opportunity to come out of her glam-girl-dancing-to-tunes avatar and pose as a headstrong character who is real, and affable. The feminist tone that the film portrayed couldn’t have been possible had it not been for Deepika’s artistry brilliance. Her de-glam and restrained-star look was lauded both commercially and critically.
- Deepika ended 2015 on a lofty note with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s historic drama ‘Bajirao Mastani’. In it, she played a warrior princess who eventually becomes Maratha General Bajirao I’s second wife. Her excellence as Mastani was lauded by the critics who found her riveting and enthralling. For the film, she learned sword-fighting, horse-riding, and kalarippayattu. It became the fourth highest-grossing Bollywood film of the year.
- The phenomenal success of Deepika as an actor saw her cross boundaries as she became a star of international repute. Having made her mark in Bollywood, Deepika then eyed to make a name for herself in Hollywood. Her debut venture in Hollywood was for the 2017 action film ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage opposite Vin Diesel. She was seen in the lead role as Serena Unger. The film opened to mixed reviews.
- Immensely talented and endowed as she is, Deepika has her hands full with projects. She is to set play the lead role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s historical drama ‘Padmavati’. Her other upcoming projects include Vishal Bhardwaj’s yet-untitled crime drama and the fourth installment of the ‘xXx’ franchise, in which she would reprise her role as Serena Unger.
- Deepika Padukone was born on January 5, 1986, in Copenhagen Denmark to Prakash Padukone and international badminton player and Ujjala Padukone. Her father is a very famous former badminton player. She has a younger sister, Anisha, who is a professional golfer.
- Her family shifted to India and settled in Bangalore when Deepika was a year old. Deepika attended Sophia High School and later Mount Carmel College for pre-university education. She had enrolled at IGNOU for a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology but quit it in order to pursue a modeling career.
- While she was growing up, she was completed focused on badminton at one point in time and played competitively from a young age. But later on, she realized that badminton was not her real calling. In 2004, she went the whole hog to pursue a modeling career under the tutelage of fashion stylist Prasad Bidapa.
Net Worth of Deepika Padukone
The total net worth of Deepika Padukone is estimated to be 30 million USD, which in Indian currency is approximately 225 Crore INR. She charges Rs. 12-16 crores for a movie. Deepika’s most of the earnings come from brand Endorsements for which she charges a whopping amount of Rs. 8 crores. Also, it is observed that Deepika Padukone’s net worth had a rapid rise of 40% over the last three years. With such a massive net worth and earnings, she also has a big heart for charity and sharing. Deepika has also adopted a village in Maharashtra.
Favorite of Deepika Padukone
|Favorite Food||Ravioli Bolognese, Pasta, Dal-Chawal, Biryani, Maharashtrian Varan, South Indian Food, Mediterranean Food, Dim Sum, Spaghetti, Pasta, Chocolates|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Favorite Actresses||Hema Malini, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
|Favorite Bollywood Film||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
|Favorite Hollywood Film||Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man|
|Favorite Singer(s)||A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Colour(s)||White, Mauve|
|Favorite Fashion Designer(s)||Anju Modi, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal|
|Favorite Fashion Brand||Zara|
|Favorite Destination(s)||France, Maldives|
|Favorite Sports||Badminton, Football, Polo|
|Favorite Restaurants||Olive, Ram, and Shyam, in Mumbai Sunny’s in Bengaluru Ping Pong, Scalini, in London Soho House in Toronto Mabula in South Africa|
Movie List of Deepika Padukone
|2006||Aishwarya (Kannada film)||Aishwarya|
|2007||Om Shanti Om||Shantipriya|
|2008||Bachna Ae Haseeno||Gayatri|
|2009||Chandni CHowk To China||Suzy/ Sakhi|
|2013||Race 2||Alina Malik|
|2017||XXX: Return of Xander Cage (Hollywood)||Serena Unger|
- On 7 January 2020, she stood with the JNU students for solidarity and support because some goons attacked JNU students and injured them seriously. She was is in Delhi for the promotion of her movie Chhapaak, at that time, so she visited JNU, and said “I feel angry that this is happening. At the same time, it is a matter of concern that action is not being taken.” After this incident, people start trolling her on social media, appealing to boycott her movie Chhapaak.
- Deepika was summoned by Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in 2021. The Padmaawat actress was questioned by NCB for several hours for some words used in WhatsApp chat back in 2017.
Some Amazing Facts about Deepika Padukone
- Deepika has a tattoo on the Neck of her ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor’s initials.
- Firstly, She has appeared in a highly popular print campaign for the 2006 Kingfisher Calendar.
- Deepika made her first appearance on the ramp when she was 17 years old.
- In addition to acting, Deepika has written opinion columns and has been involved with women’s health and fitness magazines.
- She has also supported charitable organizations and has performed in stage shows.
- Furthermore, in 2008, she was ranked one in Indian Maxim’s “Hot 100” list.
- In 2015, she founded the “Live Love Laugh Foundation,” to prevent and deal with depression.
- Deepika Padukone does not smoke but she drinks alcohol at parties.
- Anisha Padukone is the younger sister of Deepika Padukone, she is a professional golfer.
- In 2008 she was considered one of the hottest stars by the Indian Maxim and she topped the list of Hot 100
- She worked as a freelance writer for Hindustan Times in the lifestyle category.
- The Global edition of Forbes magazine marks her the 10th highest-paid actress in the world
If you have any doubts about the post or like the post, please let us know in the comments. Thanks for reading to the end.