The voice behind the most award-winning song Tum Hi Ho from the movie Aashiqui 2 is Arijit Singh, an Indian music programmer, and a playback singer. Arijit Singh started his career with the reality show Gurukul as a participant. Some of his most loved songs are Suno na Sangemarmar from the film Youngistan, Muskurane from City Lights, and the title track of the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
Let’s know more about Arijit Singh
|Real Name||Arijit Singh|
|Birth Place||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India|
Let’s know more about physical stats & more about Arijit Singh
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg|
|Height||Feet – 5 feet 5 inches|
|Body Measurements||37 – 29 – 14|
Some personal and professional information about Arijit Singh
|Family||Father– Kakkar Singh (LIC agent)
Mother– Aditi Singh (died of a cerebral stroke on 19 May 2021)
|Wife||Koel Roy Singh|
|Hobbies||Cycling, Reading, Photography, Playing Badminton, Writing and Making
|Favorite Food||Maacher jhol and mishti, alu seddo, daal, bhaat and alu posto|
|Food Habit||Non- Vegetarian|
|Favorite Musician||\ Ghulam Ali, Jagjit Singh, Mehdi Hassan, Ustad Rashid Ali Khan, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, KK and Michael Jackson|
|Favorite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite Sport||Cricket, Football, Badminton|
|Favorite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, Lance Klusener, Sourav Ganguly, and Jonty Rhodes|
|Favorite Music||Band Coldplay|
|Net Worth||7 million|
Arijit Singh with Family
Carrer of Arijit Singh
- His career began upon participating in the reality show Fame Gurukul (2005), in which he lost at the finals. After winning another reality show called 10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil, Singh built a recording setup of his own, beginning his journey with music programming. Subsequently, he went to become an assistant music programmer to Pritam Chakraborty, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Vishal-Shekhar, and Mithoon.
- He was taught Indian classical music by Rajendra Prasad Hazari and trained in tabla by Dhirendra Prasad Hazari while Birendra Prasad Hazari taught him Rabindra Sangeet and pop music.
- He became more well-known with the release of “Tum Hi Ho” from Aashiqui 2. He was given the Best Male Playback Singer award for the song, in the 59th Filmfare Awards.
- Within a very short period, he has won almost all the singing awards and has made a name for himself among the most demanding singers throughout the country. His singing and voice are described as blissful relaxation. Besides Hindi, he has sung in various Indian languages and has been successful in whatever he has done in his career. In addition to singing, he is also a badminton player and is an ardent follower of cricket and football. He is also a movie freak as well.
Arijit Singh with his wife
Arijit Singh with his mother and father
He was born to a Bengali mother and a Punjabi father. He has a sister named Amrita Singh. Since 2014, he is married to Koel Roy Singh and together the couple has 2 sons including a son named Jul. He also has a stepdaughter who is the daughter of Koel Roy Singh from her previous marriage. He was previously married to singer Ruprekha Banerjee.
Some facts about Arijit Singh
- He comes from a family of musicians wherein her sisters and grandmother were also singers.
- He is also a trained tabla player.
- He is a huge fan of Kishore Kumar.
- He has established an NGO named Let There Be Light which helps poor people.
- In an interview, he said that we want to perform during the 2022 Qatar Football World Cup.